How do we finance our work?
Baobab is still dependent on donations and help from private people, enterprises and sponsorship. We are trying to sell products from the school in Ghana as well as in Germany, but it does not yet reach to cover the cost for all the work we are doing. Our school is a boarding school, but the children can’t pay anything or only a very small fee. The students learn more than one skill and the various workshops are very costly to run and maintain them. Houses have to be renovated, cars repaired and maintained etc. Each student has to do a service of 6 months to Baobab at one side to polish their skills but also to give something back to Baobab for all what they got.
2016 we spent 120.000,- € .
This is cost for food, material for teaching in workshops and the class room, dresses, medicinal care, teacher- and staff payment, schoolbus, building of teaching kitchen,maintanance of existing buildings, farm expenses, Culture Troupe, Special Needs Unit etc.
How was the money generated:
- 36.000,- € a monthly donation of a family enterprise called: Formesse – feine Schlafraumtextilien
- 34.000,- € sponsorship for a student or for the school as such (monthly or year
- 20.000,- € net income of Baobab House
- 10.000,- € sales of school products in Germany
- 20.000,- € donations, sponsor running or other activities by schools,celebrations at birthdays,marriages or funerals on behalf of Baobab (guests attending the celebration pay an amount for Baobab instead of giving presents)